To experience the best at home microdermabrasion benefits it’s helpful to really get to know the most effective ways to use the fine crystals for your personal microderm system. They are so easy to use and so flexible – they slip seamlessly into your beauty and cleansing routine- you won’t have to take much more time or effort than usual- but the results are almost instantly noticeable and amazing. You will feel refreshed and rejuvenated – as if you had been to the spa. Truly!
Top Tips for your Personal Microderm:
The best place to use microdermabrasion crystals is in the bathroom, because you need a clean space, a mirror, lots of light and running warm water. Exfoliation can be done at any time during the day, however, if you are using this product for the first time try it out before bedtime so your skin can recover if there is any temporary redness or increased skin sensitivity. The micro crystals can be difficult to wash off over the sink, and a good time to use them would be just before the evening shower.
Create your own Personal Microderm System:
- Cleanse your face (neck, hands or whatever area you want abraded) with your own cleansing gel or foam that removes dirt and excess oil without drying the skin. Rinse your face with warm water after thoroughly cleaning your face.
- Get a plastic bowl or jar and mix a teaspoon of microdermabrasion crystals with a cream, gel or oil of your choice. If you are making a face cream for a dry/normal skin you can add Shea butter, olive oil, almond oil, jojoba oil or rich moisturizing cream. If your skin is oily and acne prone consider pure alcohol-free aloe Vera gel or cucumber gel.
- Use the micro-crystal cream with your fingers on damp skin. Be particularly gentle on your cheeks as the skin here is softer than on your forehead and chin.
- Gently massage the cream with slow, upward motions for about 3 minutes, but don’t linger in one place for too long, or you may irritate the skin.
- Wash the cream off thoroughly- use the shower if there are crystals which refuse to come off. Pat dry.
- Use your own moisturizer or nourishing cream (either night or day cream).
- Et voila! You have just had your first microdermabrasion facial!
How to Use Microdermabrasion Crystals:
- You don’t need to overdo it with the abrasion! The microdermabrasion crystals are very fine and you may not feel them at the time but they are working, (this is one of the most appealing aspects, they do not feel harsh or rough, they feel invigorating!).
- Hydrate and soothe the skin after treatment with Aloe Vera, Green Tea, Wheat or Oat extracts, soothing and nourishing ingredients that help the skin recover. It’s very important to moisturize after the treatment with collagen rich cream, vitamin E oil or aloe Vera to speed up cell turnover.
- There are some affordable Wal-Mart creams you can use like Palmer’s coco butter, St Ives Collagen Elastin lotion, Fruit of the Earth 100% aloe Vera gel. Do not forget sun protection- some moisturizers have SPF 15 or higher. Sunscreen is essential to protect fresh skin from UV rays.
- The area right under the eyes should not be exfoliated – this very sensitive area is very thin and does not need to be exfoliated.
- However, hardier areas, such as your buttocks or legs can be scrubbed with greater vigor!
The fabulous thing about loose crystals is that you can customize and match your skin type perfectly and in that way avoid irritation caused by chemical ingredients found other creams or gel. These aluminum oxide crystals totally natural- no added chemicals or ingredients!
- The Crystals do not dissolve so you can use them with plain water just do not forget to moisturize afterwards.
- For face exfoliation use hydrating cream, aloe Vera gel or hypoallergenic lotion/ cleanser that is organic, with no parabens or anything else that can clog your pores.
- For body use oils and creams rich in antioxidants and elastin such as olive oil, almond oil, vitamin e oil, coco Shea butter and many moisturizing creams rich in collagen you can buy or create yourself.
And There Are More Benefits To Your Personal Microdermabrasion System:
- With our Microdemabrasion kits a little goes long way. For the whole microdermabrasion facial treatment you need generously around 1 oz /30 gr of crystals. For body areas you would to adjust accordingly.
- Home microdermabrasion is appropriate for all skin colors because this procedure sandblasts only the outermost skin layer which is made of dead skin cells.
- There’s no damage to live tissue which could cause scarring or severe irritation.
- Microdermabrasion crystals are perfectly safe and non-toxic if ingested. They don’t cause adverse skin reactions and they are not carcinogen. They are micro-sized so, do not inhale them and rinse them well after use.
- Microdermabrasion at home can reduce fine lines and wrinkles, helps fight acne and remove acne scarring, evens skin tone, eliminates white and black heads, minimizes large pores and revitalizes dull skin.
- Microdermabrasion results help skin regeneration by increasing its elasticity and collagen production. The skin looks fresh and feels smooth as soon as treatment is over. With micro abrasion, there is no recovery time and no discomfort.
Have you tried the crystals yet? What do you think? Have you any questions for us? Please do ask!