November 2013 Article:
How to Choose a Microdermabrasion Cream
- Pick a microdermabrasion cream that contains aluminium oxide, sodium bicarbonate, sodium chloride or magnesium oxide. If you suffer from acne, choose a cream with aluminium oxide in the formula. Aluminium oxide can have an antibacterial effect on the skin.
- Look for shea butter and cucumber extract in the ingredients list. These ingredients can help soothe the skin and act as anti-inflammatories.
- Verify that the microdermabrasion cream contains vitamins that are essential to skin rejuvenation. Vitamins A, C, and E can promote new, healthy skin growth. Stay away from microdermabrasion creams that contain Vitamin K since it may irritate freshly abraded skin.
- Read the instructions on the back of the microdermabrasion cream package. Choose a microdermabrasion cream that can be used at intervals with which you are comfortable. Some microdermabrasion creams can be used every few days while others should only be used once a week.
- Purchase supplementary toners or creams, such as moisturizers or sun screen, to apply to your skin before and after using the microdermabrasion cream. If you can, purchase items that are specially formulated to work with your specific microdermabrasion cream. Other agents may irritate or cause discomfort after treatment.
Original article: http://www.ehow.com/how_2106878_choose-microdermabrasion-cream.html