Proper microdermabrasion necessitates a clean space, a mirror, and warm, running water. While exfoliation can be performed at any time, ample recovery time is recommended to allow for skin regeneration. For optimal results, NeedCrystals suggests washing with microdermabrasion crystals during the evening hour to wash away the oils and dust particles that can accumulate throughout the day. To ensure safe and proper usage of the NeedCrystals microdermabrasion crystals, follow these microdermabrasion tips:
NeedCrystals Recommended Procedure
For initial treatments or veteran users, these microdermabrasion tips and guidelines are essential:
- Prior to the exfoliation, cleanse the area with gel or foam to remove dirt and excess oil. Thoroughly rinse with warm water.
- Mix a teaspoon of the crystals with two tablespoons of a cream, gel, or oil. For dry or normal skin, NeedCrystals suggests adding shea butter or jojoba oil into the cleanser. For oily or acne prone skin, consider pure, alcohol-free aloe vera or cucumber gel.
- Use the mixed micro-crystal cream and massage in a gentle, circular motion for three minutes. Be particularly careful with the cheeks, neck, and throat, as the skin can be softer.
- Wash the cream off thoroughly and pat the skin dry. Rubbing can aggravate exfoliated skin and cause redness or swelling.
- Use a moisturizer or nourishing cream to protect and rehydrate skin after treatment.
Even people familiar with microdermabrasion treatments can forget to follow important rules. Avoid common mistakes with these microdermabrasion tips:
- The most common mistake is excessive microdermabrasion treatment. Since the exfoliating crystals are very fine, there is little to no abrasive sensation. The lack of obvious scouring often prompts harsh scrubbing and eventual irritation. Too much pressure or prolonged abrasion can damage the skin and cause redness and swelling.
- Forgetting to hydrate the skin after the treatment can be detrimental. Aloe vera, green tea, wheat, or oat extracts are effective substances for skin nourishment and recovery. Sunscreen is also essential to protect fresh skin from UV rays.
- There are few areas that should be avoided when using the microdermabrasion crystals, such as the skin below the eye. Carefully buff around delicate areas with thinner skin.
- Create the ideal mix for any skin type by personalizing lotion to crystal ratios.
- Unlike sugars or salts, the NeedCrystals microdermabrasion crystals do not dissolve. Use them in any liquid, lotion, gel, or cream.
NeedCrystals is committed to providing medical-grade microdermabrasion crystals, as well as microdermabrasion tips for proper treatment and recovery techniques. For a spa-like experience, follow this guide to ensure the best exfoliation skincare treatment in the comfort of your home.